Air Fried Catfish
Air Fried catfish is a big hit for me with the Air Fryer. It’s not only quick and easy but only takes 3 ingredients. Not to mention it is a low-calorie and low-fat recipe. This recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen with dinner on your table in 20 minutes.
Air Frying instead of deep frying will save you on average 400 calories and 45 grams of fat per serving on this recipe. Not to mention spare your house of the deep fried oil smell.
Below is the model of Air Fryer I use and have been very satisfied with how well it cooks.
Having an air fryer has allowed me to bring back some of the foods I love to eat but left behind due to them being unhealthy and full of fat. The foods I have cooked in the air fryer still pack the same great flavor.
Now on to the recipe
- I have used some trial and error for the cooking times to get the catfish to come out with the perfect amount of crispness and golden color. I set my Air Fryer to 400* F for about 12-13 minutes. This will vary based on your model of Air Fryer. This catfish comes out of the air fryer crispy and crunchy!
- I also like to slice the fillets in half to make it easier to handle them.
- Use your judgment to determine if you need more or less Fish Fry seasoning based on the size of your fillets. Fillets should be evenly and fully coated.
Air Fried Catfish
- Air Fryer
- 4 fillets Catfish
- 1/4 cup Fish Fry Seasoning I prefer Louisiana
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil mist
- Rinse the catfish and pat dry.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Pour the fish fry seasoning in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the catfish to the bag. Seal the bag and shake. Ensure entire fillet is coated evenly
- Spray olive oil on the top of each filet.
- Place the filet in the Air Fryer basket. Close and cook for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve Immediately
Many more Air Fry recipes to come. Subscribe to my page or follow me on Social media to stay up to date.
For more of my recipes head back to my Cooking page.