Easy, Worry-Free Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Easy, Worry-Free, and Delicious fall-apart slow cooker pot roast with tender vegetables will make for a delicious dinner.
Sometimes you need a classic comfort food dish that brings you back home. Something mom used to make, and something you can enjoy on a Sunday night with friends and family. What better way to accomplish this than a delicious, classic pot roast? This recipe can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that’s left to do dish it up and serve and enjoy.
This roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the perfect gravy that you get from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes, carrots and onions that soak up all that flavor.
MEAT: Season the roast with salt and pepper as directed in step 1 of the recipe. Searing the meat (step 2 of recipe) is an optional step but will help lock in the moisture and render the fat. Place the seared or un-seared meat directly into a slow cooker. Add in all remaining ingredients and cook on low 8 hours.
POT ROAST VEGETABLES: The classic mix of vegetables to add on top of your roast include potatoes, onions, and carrots. I recommend a white onion and whole carrots sliced into chunks (usually taste fresher). For the potatoes, I usually go with small Yukon Gold.
PRO TIP: It’s always best to cook a pot roast on the low setting of your slow cooker. This will make the meat delicious every time and fork tender.
Easy Crock Pot Roast
- Crock Pot
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 3 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Sliced
- 2 lbs Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3-4 Large carrots Sliced into chunks
- 1 packet Brown Gravy Mix
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3-4 sprigs Rosemary
- 5-6 sprigs Thyme
- Season beef with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Heat Skillet (Cast Iron preferred) with Canola Oil on Medium heat. Cook beef to brown each side evenly for 3-4 minutes.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onion into a 6-qt slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with beef. Add rosemary, garlic, and thyme to top of beef and pour the dry gravy mix over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat from crock pot and place in 9×13 glass dish. Add vegetables around meat in dish and top with juices from bottom of crock pot.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Stay tuned for more recipes to come on the Cooking page.